Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Boys!

I'm back with another layout to share with you! I have been dying to try either embossing paste or texture paste on a layout, and really over all! So while I was at Joann's yesterday they were having a huge sale and I got some stencils and Teresa Collins modeling paste (it was all I could find that was similar) for a steal! So I tried it out yesterday with a couple of pictures of my husband and my son. So here is the layout!

I have decided that I might start just using 4x4 prints. They are 10 cents more, but I like the size on my layouts. It's hard for me to use more then one 4x6 pictures on a layout, I just have a hard time fitting it on the page in a way I like. As you can see I used the embossing paste in the upper left, and lower right hand corner. I love how it adds texture to the page, but its not overwhelming. I will post a close up of the stars so you can see them a bit better. 

So there is a better view of the stars. They are a little see through. I could have added a thicker layer of the modeling paste, but I was happy with how it turned out for my first try. As usual I inked the edges of most everything with my Distress brown ink. The majority of the paper is from Carta Bella's Boy oh Boy line. It has been sitting in my stash for awhile, and I thought it worked out perfectly for this layout. 
Don't mind the mess in the picture. I am a very messy scrapbooker! I spend half as much time cleaning as I do scrapping I swear! I used a wood veener piece and colored it with my Distress inks to match the coloring in the layout. I have been having trouble on some of my pages trying to figure out where to put the journaling. I feel like the story is really the most important part because it gets your thoughts out there. I used one of these rubber (?) pieces from October Afternoon's Rocket Age on here, just thought it was cute and boyish. Added the date. 
And lastly here is the title. The Boys is from a sticker sheet from OA's Rocket Age. In person it actually looks cool, the way they printed it makes it look 3D! I tied the twine around the left side to try to even out the journaling piece on the other side, it just looked a bit lopsided. 
I hope you enjoyed this layout! I really had fun trying a new technique! I'm sure I will being adding it to pages more often. It is subtle but adds so much texture and dimension for just a few steps! I hope you will all take a minute and subscribe to my blog and follow me on instagram! Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment