Wednesday, May 20, 2015

We Just Blinked!

Hello scrappin' friends! Back here with another layout to share with you. This layout was HARD. It started out completely different then it is now, and even then I struggled with it. I actually started it over two days ago, but had to keep leaving it because I was getting SO frustrated with it! Anyway, here is the layout! 

In the end I really do like how it ended up! I think I have learned that for me, sketches don't work to follow. I think that was my first mistake. I do like to use them as a guide, maybe for picture placement or what not, but, it makes me feel too limited honestly. I used to do Project Life and I came back to 12x12 scrapbooking because I felt like it was limiting my creativity by only giving me small little boxes to fill. So allowing my creativity plenty of space is important to me! I am still learning to accept my "style" and what I like as ok. I compare sometimes to other people, and that is just a big no no! There is NO wrong way to scrapbook. That is what is SO great about it! So on to some close ups of the layout.
This is the top cluster. I should add I am using a 5x7 photo on this layout, which may have been why I struggled a bit more! I really wanted to add the number 3 just to have a way to represent his age. I love the hash tag that you can fill in with whatever you want. The fox is a wood veneer that I colored with Ripe Persimmon distress ink, my stash is severally lacking in the orange color! I just picked up some color with my finger and rubbed it on. I felt like I had more control over how much ink was laid down that way. The behind paper is an older Amy Tangerine line. I think it's called Round the Clock.
Here is a close up of the journaling. It is easier to read in person, done in an orange gelly roll pen. Nothing spectacular!
Close up of the title. The word blinked is some chipboard alpha stickers I got with my Project Life Studio Calico kit a few months back. The We Just is My Mind's Eye. The little pie chart I am pretty sure comes from the ephemera pack of Amy Tangerine's that matches the background paper. I wanted to kind of show what my son is up to these days. I wish now I had done it differently, since it's not "pretty" lol but I only had one, so it is what it is! (I swear I say that on my blog a lot!) I didn't want to do a typical "Growing Up" title, just wanted something more original that grabs your attention.
Here is my paper in the process of doing splatters. I have a love/hate relationship with mists/splatters. I probably shouldn't have gone all the way around the page like that, but it's one of the first pages I have used splatters, so I'm still trying to figure it out. I actually made my own splatters, since I don't currently own any mists or anything.
Here is a picture of how I made them. I took a distress ink and smeared it on my acrylic block, added several sprays of water, and sucked it up with this syringe thing I just had laying around. I don't even remember WHY I bought it, but it sure came in handy today! Distress inks are probably one of my FAVORITE things I have in my collection. Because you can do so much with them! They are SO versatile, and a worth while investment if you are like me and on a small crafting budget! 
Be sure to comment and follow on my blog, and follow me on Instagram! I have a giveaway up my sleeve in the near future, so keep your eye out for it! Happy Scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment