Sunday, May 17, 2015

Read me a Story

Hello blogging world! I haven't done somewhat consist blogging since I documented my journey through 7 years of infertility! But I am wanting to get more involved in the scrapbooking world, because it truly is something I love. I have been scrapbooking since I was around 12 years old. My sister started me doing it when she had a class with Creative Memories WAY back in the day! I haven't always been consist with it, but it has been a part of my life basically ever since. One day I will show you some of my earlier scrapbooking pages just for fun.
Today I am sharing a scrapbook page with you that I recently made of my son and my dad reading a book together. I, so far, haven't been using sketches at all really. Some of my pages I do start out with some inspiration, and if I do, I will be sure to link to it (most likely through pinterest) and show you where I got the inspiration for a page.

So back to this page! I knew I wanted the page to be somewhat dark so the black and white color would stand out nicely from the back. So I picked a woodgrain patterned paper from Echo Park's All About a Boy. I have a TON of this paper because when my son was born it seemed like no one had little boy type papers! So I bought 2 packages of it! Now I am over flowing with boy themed papers, so I have banned myself from buying that style for awhile! The three pages in the back, the Chevron and the Jean looking pattern and the brown chevron are from the same collection. I ripped all but the brown which I just cut with my paper trimmer and added distress ink in brown to all the edges.
Here is a close up of one of the clusters. I'm going to apologize in advance that I don't know where each piece came from in most cases. I have all my ephemera sorted by color, this is just what works best for me. I can try to tell you if I do know. If you look behind all these layers you can see I added some corrugated strips here and in the other corner I will show you. I felt like this gave it much needed texture. Every piece has brown distress inks on it to keep it consistent. I used this paper doll cut out because I felt it conveyed a sense of "family" which is really the feeling I wanted to get on this page. Fave I know is from October afternoon, and I'm pretty sure you and me is too. The tag behind is Jilly Bean Soup and just tied with some baker's twine and I know the clothes pin is Amy Tangerine.

Here is a close up of the title. Read and Story are both thickers. I went around the letters of story with my distress ink again. The words me and a are from the sticker sheet that came in the collection. Under that is a Studio Calico sentiment strip which I felt really went along with the picture, and I ran my distress ink around it too.

Here is the second cluster. Photo Love is from October afternoon as is the orange star. I wish the orange was brighter around the star, but it is what it is! The orange triangle and tag are Jilly Bean Soup. The arrow is Heidi Swapp. I'm not sure where the little house is from, it was just in my stash. And again I ran my distress ink around each of these.
And finally I wanted share the words at the bottom. They are from My Mind's Eye. You can also see on the right edge a bit of my journaling, which was done with a White Gelly Roll pen. You will see a lot of handwritten journaling on my pages, there is a personal reason behind that, which I will get in to in another post, but I can guarantee you it isn't because I love my handwriting! I actually hate it! LOL But again I will write another blog post about that later!
I hope you enjoyed this layout, I really love the end result. As I am just getting started doing this, I appreciate any feedback and any sharing of my blog! If you have any questions about what I did somewhere, or any questions about how I scrapbook, please feel free to ask! Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment